Free Online Course:
Instructor: Elisabeth Robson
Presented by CreativeTechs in partnership with O'Reilly
This Online Training Course has Concluded
The sessions were presented live during January and early February 2010.
Purchase the Video
Download the full online course for $79. Code examples and slides are included.
"... jam packed with info today. Thanks to Elisabeth Robson for a great 4 weeks"
"Fab course, Elisabeth! Your teaching method+content were extremely clear+easy to follow. Execellent job!"
What will I learn?
- Build working web apps for the iPhone, using HTML and CSS web standards
- Learn what a mobile web app is and how it differs from a native iPhone app
- Integrate your web app with several iPhone features
- Build simple native iPhone apps using the TapLynx library-without programming!
- Learn how to build on your newfound iPhone web app development skills
About this online course
In this live, four-session online course, you'll quickly learn how to create simple web apps with features that take advantage of the device's remarkable functionality. Each session offers easy-to-follow, hands-on lessons. You'll begin the course by building iPhone apps with standard web tools, then you'll learn how to create native Cocoa-based iPhone apps using Apple's tools. This is the perfect way to get started with iPhone app design. Sign up today!
Who should attend?
- Web designers and developers who want to create iPhone apps
- IT managers examining the trade-offs and advantages of building iPhone web apps vs. native apps
Elisabeth Robson, co-author of O'Reilly's Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML, has recently focused her web development and teaching skills on the growing mobile web phenomenon. As Special Projects director at O'Reilly Media, she has developed several popular training workshops, including, "Build, Compile, and Run Your iPhone App in 2 Days," and "Developing Android Applications."
CreativeTechs is a Seattle-based company that provides professional Mac support and training for creative teams and individuals. In addition to outsourced IT support for graphic design firms, advertising agencies, in-house creative departments, photography studios, marketing and PR firms, web design studios, and video houses, CreativeTechs is known throughout the world for its free webcast training programs on design-related software, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Lightroom, and more. Visit CreativeTechs to learn about upcoming training events.