October 24, 2013
High Performance Drupal--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—How can you help your Drupal website continue to perform at the highest level as it grows to meet demand? High Performance Drupal provides best practices, examples, and in-depth explanations for solving several performance and scalability issues. You'll learn how to apply coding and infrastructure techniques to Drupal internals, application performance, databases, web servers, and performance analysis.
Covering Drupal versions 7 and 8, this book is the ideal reference for everything from site deployment to implementing specific technologies such as Varnish, memcache, or Solr. If you have a basic understanding of Drupal and the Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP (LAMP) stack, you're ready to get started.
- Establish a performance baseline and define goals for improvement
- Optimize your website's code and front-end performance
- Get best and worst practices for customizing Drupal core functionality
- Apply infrastructure design techniques to launch or expand a site
- Use tools to configure, monitor, and optimize MySQL performance
- Employ alternative storage and backend search options as your site grows
- Tune your web servers through httpd and PHP configuration
- Monitor services and perform load tests to catch problems before they become critical
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920012269.do
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences