November 1, 2012
Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 1--New from O'Reilly Media: Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, Switches, Encoders, Relays, Transistors
Sebastopol, CA—Want to know how to use an electronic component? This first book of a three-volume set includes key information on electronics parts for your projects—complete with photographs, schematics, and diagrams. You'll learn what each one does, how it works, why it's useful, and what variants exist. No matter how much you know about electronics, you'll find fascinating details you've never come across before.
Perfect for teachers, hobbyists, engineers, and students of all ages, Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 1 puts reliable, fact-checked information right at your fingertips—whether you're refreshing your memory or exploring a component for the first time. Beginners will quickly grasp important concepts, and more experienced users will find the specific details their projects require.
You'll find this volume to be:
- Unique: the first and only encyclopedia set on electronic components, distilled into three separate volumes
- Incredibly detailed: includes information distilled from hundreds of sources
- Easy to browse: parts are clearly organized by component type
- Authoritative: fact-checked by expert advisors to ensure that the information is both current and accurate
- Reliable: a more consistent source of information than online sources, product datasheets, and manufacturer's tutorials
- Instructive: each component description provides details about substitutions, common problems, and workarounds
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920026105.do
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences