June 21, 2012
VMware Cookbook, 2nd Edition--New from O'Reilly Media: A Real-World Guide to Effective VMware Use
Sebastopol, CA—With scores of step-by-step solutions, this updated edition of VMWare Cookbook (O'Reilly Media, $44.99 USD) helps you work with VMware ESXi in a wide range of network environments. You'll not only learn the basics—how to pool resources from hardware servers, computer clusters, networks, and storage, and then distribute them among virtual machines—but also how to overcome the stumbling blocks you'll encounter when you monitor systems, troubleshoot problems, and deal with security.
This expanded second edition covers recent advances in vCloud Director and vShield cloud security. Ideal for system administrators of any level, VMware Cookbook also includes valuable information to help you determine your virtualization needs.
- Move into the cloud with vCloud Director, and secure virtual datacenters with vSphere
- Secure and monitor your virtual environment from the command line
- Manage disk, SSD, and SAN storage implementation and configuration
- Discover options for managing resources, such as clustering, shares, and hot add/hotplug support
- Configure logical and physical networks, including virtual switches and software and hardware adapters
- Make virtual machine replication easier by automating ESXi installations
- Gain valuable tips for configuration and fine-tuning
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022428.do
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences