December 1, 2011
Touch, Read, Sing, and Sync with Two New Missing Manuals
"Apple may not have made huge changes in its hardware for the iPad and iPod line this year, but they really did a lot with the new iOS 5 software," says J.D. Biersdorfer, New York Times tech columnist and veteran Missing Manuals author. "These new Missing Manuals cover all the exciting things that iOS 5 brings to the table, including new apps like Reminders, iMessage, and Newsstand, and new features like the ability to edit photos and post Twitter updates right from the Camera app."
Please email me if you wish to review iPod: The Missing Manual, Tenth Edition or iPad 2: The Missing Manual, Third Edition.
—Sara Peyton, email@example.com
New Titles from O'Reilly
iPad 2: The Missing Manual, Third Edition|
- Build your media library. Fill your iPad with music, movies, TV shows, eBooks, eMagazines, photos, and more.
- Go wireless. Sync content between your computer and iPad—no wires needed.
- Get online. Connect through WiFi or Wi-Fi + 3G, and surf the Web using the iPad's new tabbed browser.
- Consolidate email. Read and send messages from any of your email accounts.
- Get social. Use built-in apps like iMessage, Twitter, and Ping to stay in touch.
- Store stuff in iCloud. Stash your content online for free, and sync up all your devices automatically.
- Interact with your iPad. Learn new finger moves and undocumented tips, tricks, and shortcuts.
iPod: The Missing Manual, Tenth Edition|
- Fill 'er up. Load your Nano, Touch, Classic, or Shuffle with music, movies, and photos, and learn how to play it all back.
- Tour the Touch. Surf the Web, use web-based email, collect iPhone apps, play games, and more.
- Share music and movies. Copy music between computers with Home Sharing, beam playlists around the house, and whisk your Nano's videos to YouTube.
- iTunes, tuned up. Pick-and-choose which music, movies, and photos to sync; create instant playlists with Genius Mix; and auto-rename "Untitled" tracks.
- iPod power. Create Genius playlists on your iPod, shoot movies on your Nano, use the Nano's FM radio and pedometer, and add voice memos to your Touch.
- Shop the iTunes Store. Find what you're looking for in a snap, whether it's music, movies, apps, lyrics, or liner notes.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences