April 25, 2011
Make: Magazine Vol. 26--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—April 21, 2011—Roll into spring with Make: Magazine Volume 26, hitting newsstands April 26. This latest issue, themed "Karts and Wheels," shows you how to build wheeled wonders that you and the kids can race around the neighborhood in, DIY-style.
Build and drive a Red Racer Drill Kart powered by just two cordless drills and your trigger fingers. Build the world's simplest long board skateboard by bending plywood. Put a mini gasoline engine on a bicycle. Assemble a brain-teasing mini propeller cart that outruns the wind that powers it. Weld together the Weekend Warrior soapbox racer—the winner of our recent Karts and Wheels online contest—strap on your helmet and five-point safety harness, and race downhill at highway speeds just inches above the road.
In addition to karts, you'll find plenty of other projects that only MAKE can provide:
- An aquaculture tank for growing fresh spirulina algae "superfood" in a sunny window
- An addictive pocket electronic sound looper that lets you play wild rhythms using just two knobs and one button
- A mesmerizing fire tube with dancing flames that keep time to music and make sounds waves visible
- An introduction to "biosensing," the unconscious signals generated by our bodies and brains, including a "Truth Meter" project that detects stress and a "Brain Blinker" that lights LEDs based on your brainwaves
- A self-watering planter based on an Aztec design, and a fruit juicer based on an ancient Egyptian design
- A tutorial on how to add buttons to various electronics devices in order to control them better
Try these projects and more from Make: Magazine Volume 26, and at MAKE's Arduino super site.
#MakeMagazine's new issue, out Apr 26, is all about karts and wheels. Get rolling! http://oreil.ly/gARcCV
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information on Make: Magazine, or for interview requests, please contact Paul Spinrad at email@example.com.
For more information about this issue of MAKE Magazine, see: http://www.makezine.com/26.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences