May 24, 2010
Photoshop and Flash CS5 Missing Manuals--New from O'Reilly
We have two Missing Manuals on newly released CS5 products available for your review this week: Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual and Flash CS5: The Missing Manual. Just drop me a note at email@example.com with the titles you're interested in, as well as where you will be posting your review.
New Releases from O'Reilly
Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual
by Lesa Snider
Photoshop CS5 is more amazing than ever, but it can be overwhelming if you're just getting started. This book makes learning Photoshop a breeze by explaining things in a conversational, friendly style--with no technical jargon. After a thorough introduction to the program, you'll delve deep into Photoshop's secrets with expert tips and practical advice you can use every day.
- Learn your way around. Get a guided tour of Photoshop's efficient new workspace
- Unlock the power. Learn the best ways to use layers, channels, masks, paths, and more
- Bring images to life. Discover how to effectively retouch, resize, and recolor your photos
- Be artistic. Create beautiful illustrations and paintings, and use text effectively
- Share your work. Produce great-looking photos for print and the Web
- Work smarter and faster. Automate common chores and install plug-ins for complex tasks
- Get bonus online content. Find more great material on the Missing CD page
Written with the clarity, humor, and objective scrutiny, Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual is the friendly, thorough resource you need.
Flash CS5: The Missing Manual
By Chris Grover
Once you know how to use Flash, you can create everything from simple animations to high-end desktop applications, but it's a complex tool that can be difficult to master on your own-unless you have this Missing Manual. This book will help you learn all you need to know about Flash CS5 to create animations that bring your ideas to life.
- Learn animation basics. Find everything you need to know to get started with Flash
- Master the Flash tools. Learn the animation and effects toolset, with clear explanations and hands-on examples
- Use 3D effects. Rotate and put objects in motion in three dimensions
- Create lifelike motion. Use the IK Bones tool to simulate realistic body movements and other linked motions
- Speed up development. Use templates, code snippets, and motion presets
- Design applications. Get an intro to building full desktop applications with Flash and Adobe AIR
- Create rich interactive animations. Dive into advanced interactivity with easy-to-learn ActionScript examples
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences