June 30, 2009
Take Control of Safari 4--New from O'Reilly: New ebook helps readers make the most of Apple's Safari Web browser
Ithaca, NY—Close on the heels of Apple's release of the Safari 4 Web browser, TidBITS Publishing Inc. has published Take Control of Safari 4, ($10.00 USD) by Sharon Zardetto.
The 92-page book helps beginning and intermediate Mac users learn new Safari 4 features like Top Sites and searching the page content of bookmarks and history, and it provides essential advice on smart ways to manage bookmarks, load multiple Web pages at once, fill out forms automatically, keep track of passwords, download files, keep up with favorite Web sites via RSS, and manage Web-browsing history.
Readers will find answers to common questions like these:
- How do I load six Web pages at once?
- Now that I've loaded six pages, how do I best work with them?
- What are all the keyboard shortcuts for working with tabs?
- How do I bookmark a page I want to return to?
- How do I import Firefox bookmarks?
- I have 1,042 bookmarks. Is there a sensible way to search or organize them?
- What are the default keyboard shortcuts for the bookmarks bar?
- Can I search for text on the currently active Web page?
- How do I erase my history to prevent someone snooping through it?
- Where does Safari store Web site user names and passwords?
- Help! However Safari stored my password, it doesn't work any more!
- How do I use Safari to read RSS headlines from different sites?
- How do I "snip" a Web page to make it into a Dashboard widget?
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharon Zardetto has been writing about the Macintosh professionally since 1984, including nearly a thousand articles in Macintosh magazines and over 20 books. She's best known for writing several editions of The Macintosh Bible, along with The Mac Almanac.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see:
Take Control of Safari 4
Take Control of Safari 4,
PDF format, 92 pages, free 30-page sample available
PDF Price: $10.00 USD
The Take Control series is published by TidBITS Publishing Inc. TidBITS co-founders Adam and Tonya Engst have been publishing highly regarded news and editorial since 1990 when they created the online newsletter TidBITS, which covers Macintosh- and Internet-related topics. The Take Control series has helped many thousands of readers with high-quality, timely, real-world, cost-effective documentation since 2003.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences