October 30, 2008
O'Reilly Introduces Found, a New Conference about Search: Call for Participation Now Open
Sebastopol, CA, October 30, 2008 - O'Reilly introduces Found, the search acquisition and architecture conference, scheduled for June 9-11, 2009, at the San Francisco Airport Marriott in Burlingame, CA. Found offers the knowledge required to build search engine optimization (SEO) best practices into development processes. Program co-chairs Vanessa Fox and Nathan Buggia invite proposals for conference sessions, panels, and workshops at Found, to be submitted by December 17, 2008.
Found will be the authoritative place to discover best practices for the nascent search industry and gain a thorough understanding of why search-friendly architecture is mission-critical to businesses of all sizes. Found will change how developers create web applications so that search will connect their sites to their potential customers.
Found will attract web developers and designers, web optimization specialists (SEO firms, in-house SEOs, and marketing agencies that work with developers), marketers, business strategists, product managers, CTOs and CMOs who work with developers and content creators, entrepreneurs, researchers, and technologists interested in search trends.
The chairs will select program content that will provide attendees with actionable data they can use immediately to increase the search-friendliness of their applications while not sacrificing usability.
Proposals are invited in the four tracks of Technical Site Architecture, Process and Diagnosis, Structured Data, and Metrics. The program chairs also seek proposals on these main topics and themes:
- How search engines work and why search is important
- How to architect pages for maximum crawlability
- Technology platforms and languages (including IIS/asp.net and LAMP)
- Building SEO into the development process
- ROI and conversion through search metrics and analysis
- Structured data and optimization
- Tools and diagnostics
- Working with marketing and understanding online marketing best practices
- Social/Viral elements to web applications
- Building online communities and customer engagement
- Site search, including tactical elements
This first Found conference offers attendees:
- Trends laid out by newsworthy keynote presenters
- An emphasis on case studies, research results, and real-world data
- Practical applications and theories discussed in depth in sessions and workshops
- An exhibit hall filled with web technology vendors showcasing the latest products and services
- Face to face discussion of best practices, standards, and more with experts
- Time to network and exchange ideas with others encountering the same challenges
Found, the new O'Reilly search acquisition and architecture conference, provides strategic tactics for making content on the Web findable. Found is the place to discuss best practices, set standards, and start a conversation about what's still needed for search-friendly web development.
Proposals will be accepted through December 17, 2008, and early registration for attendees and media will open in February 2009. Proposals may be submitted to: conferences.oreilly.com/found/cfp
For more information on Found, visit:
If you have ideas about areas you'd like to see included at the conference, send a note to:
If you'd like to stay up to date on information relating to Found, sign up for the conference newsletter (login required) at:
To read Tim O'Reilly's take on the future, go to the O'Reilly Radar at:
For information about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities at Found, contact Yvonne Romaine at 707.827.7198 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media inquiries, contact Maureen Jennings at email@example.com.
If you would like to discuss forming a media or promotional partnership with O'Reilly for an upcoming event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More O'Reilly Conferences:
- Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco November 5-7, 2008, co-produced with TechWeb
- O'Reilly Money:Tech Conference in New York City February 4-6, 2009
- O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference in New York City February 9-11, 2009
- O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference in San Jose, CA, March 9-12, 2009
- Web 2.0 Expo San Francisco in San Francisco March 31-April 3, 2009, co-produced with Tech Web
- MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, CA, April 20-23, 2009, co-presented by O'Reilly Media and Sun Microsystems
- RailsConf in Las Vegas, May 4-7, 2009, co-presented with Ruby Central, Inc.
- Where 2.0 Conference in San Jose, CA, May 19-21, 2009
- Velocity in San Jose, CA, June 22-24, 2009
- OSCON in San Jose, CA, July 20-24, 2009
For a conference overview, visit:
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences