The Internet is going mobile and Web development methods are rapidly changing to adapt with the new trend. This presentation of HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design provides an overview for the development of today's wireless Internet devices and introduces a new toolbox you can immediately use to stay connected with this emerging, on-the-run demographic.
In this webcast, we will explore:
- How to make responsive media that is optimized for the specific device on which it's displayed - allowing images, videos and other elements be fully appreciated
- The principles of making a solid, responsive layout that responds to unique displays
- How to make typography that's fluidly responsive, so it's easy to read on all devices - no more hard-to-see text on a tiny mobile screen
- How to use existing responsive frameworks like recipes and update static frameworks for the latest mobile devices
- How make mobile websites using jQuery mobile and mobile-first design
- Where to get the tools for building, deploying and testing responsive websites
- How to make unobtrusive interactions that exist as a separate layer within the presentation - allowing coexistence with other scripts for other devices
- Techniques for server-side and client-side media deployment - providing platforms that are scaled for any requesting device
- How to use working designs and codes that can be inserted into existing projects.
This hands-on webcast presentation covered in detail by Ben LaGrone also titled, HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design Cookbook. It explores a programmer's resource for generating websites that effortlessly interface with modern mobile devices. Learn how to create responsive applications that make snappy connections for mobile browsers and give your website the latest design and development advantages for reaching mobile devices. You'll also find how-to recipes for site enhancements and optimizing your websites for the latest devices and the mobile Web.
HTML5 and CSS3 Responsive Web Design is for Web developers seeking innovative techniques that deliver fast, intuitive interfacing with the latest mobile-Internet devices.
Give your site everything it needs for tapping the emerging market of mobile phones and wireless technologies.
About Ben LaGrone
Benjamin LaGrone is a Web Developer who lives and works in Texas. He got his start programming when he was 6 when he took his first computer class at The Houston Museum of Natural Science. His first program was a Choose your own adventure book written in BASIC, and he has fond memories of the days when software needed you to write line numbers.
Fast forward about thirty years, after deciding that these computers are here to stay, Ben has made a career combining favorite things, creating art and coding, making art from code. One of his favorite projects was using the GMaps API to map pathologies to chromosome for cancer research.
Having for a long time loved mobile devices, Ben thinks that the Responsive Web is one of the most exciting, yet long time coming, new aspects of web development. He now works on various projects focused around mobile and responsive technology and Web APIs.
When he's not working on some internet project, Ben spends some time building robots, tinkering with machines, drinking coffee, surfing, and teaching Kuk Sool martial arts.
Nine of this would be possible without the support of his loving wife, Hannah, and two beautiful daughters, Daphne and Darby.