Download all of these files: FileMakerPro10MissingCD-ROM.zip
(all .zip files referenced below contain the .fp7 file)
Chapter 1: Working with a Database
- Ch01_People_fp7.zip - Explore your database using FileMaker's navigation tools and the Status Toolbar. Create, edit and sort records.
Chapter 2: Organizing and Editing Records
- Ch02_People_fp7.zip - Find records using special characters and multiple requests; edit and save finds. Advanced record editing and text formatting.
Chapter 3: Building a New Database
Chapter 4: Understanding Layouts
- Ch04-1_Anchors_fp7.zip - Simple boxes demonstrating objects that slide left and/or down and stretch horizontally or vertically using Auto Resize and various anchor configurations.
- Ch04-2_Parts_fp7.zip - A layout with one of every part. You can see how parts behave in form view, list view, and preview mode, and as you scroll.
- Ch04-3_People_Parts_fp7.zip - Customizing a layout for a simple database. In this file, the header and body parts have been resized and the footer has been removed.
- Ch04-4_People_Move_fp7.zip - Customizing a layout for a simple database. In this file, the fields have been moved to new locations on the layout.
- Ch04-5_People_Resize_fp7.zip - Customizing a layout for a simple database. In this file, the notes field has been resized to be more usable, and the sizes of other fields have been adjusted as appropriate.
- Ch04-6_People_Text_fp7.zip - Customizing a layout for a simple database. In this file, the field labels and content have a new font and size. Also, a text object has been added as a title for the layout.
- Ch04-7_People_Behavior_fp7.zip - Customizing a layout for a simple database. In this file, the field behaviors have been set so some fields are enterable only in Find mode. Also, field borders have been added.
- Ch04-8_People_Resize_fp7.zip - Customizing a layout for a simple database. In this file, the auto resize anchors have been set so the layout contents adjust as the window is resized. Also, layout objects have been made smaller so the window can be made smaller when necessary without scrolling.
- Ch04-9_People_Finished_fp7.zip - Customizing a layout for a simple database. In this file, graphical embellishments have been added to the layout and spacing has been adjusted. This is the finished People Detail layout.
- Ch04-10_People_Icon.png - Decorate your header if you wish.
Chapter 5: Building Basic Layouts
- Ch05-1_People_Start_fp7.zip - At the start of Chapter 5, the People database includes the custom layout created in Chapter 4 with an attractive and well-functioning detail layout.
- Ch05-2_People_List_Layout_fp7.zip - Adding a List layout. This version of the people database has a People List layout showing a scrolling list of records. It includes rotated text, layout symbols, merge fields, and conditional formatting.
- Ch05-3_People_Web_Viewer_fp7.zip - This version of the People database has a web viewer on the detail layout showing a Google map of the person's address.
- Ch05-4_People_Finished_fp7.zip - Here's how the People database look with all changes in Chapter 5. It includes a tab control with two tab panels, one showing the notes and the other the Google map. It also includes the list layout.
Chapter 6: Advanced Layouts and Reports
- Ch06-1_Drop_Down_Calendar_fp7.zip - A Date field formatted with a calendar pop-up control. You can see how the calendar looks and works.
- Ch06-2_Formats_fp7.zip - A number field formatted to show currency with various options. You can see different positioning of the currency symbol ($) and parentheses for negative values.
- Ch06-3_Graphic Formats_fp7.zip - Three container fields formatted to align the same image in different ways.
- Ch06-4_People_Buttons_fp7.zip - This version of the People database includes buttons to quickly jump from one layout to another.
- Ch06-5_People_Summary_fp7.zip - In this version of the People database, the People List layout includes sub-summary parts and a count. You can sort the list in various ways and see live groupings with a count for each group.
- Ch06-6_Summary_Reports_fp7.zip - A complex sub-summary report. You can use the Scripts menu to sort in various ways and see the report adjust accordingly. In Layout mode, you will find several sub-summary parts and summary fields.
Chapter 7: Adding Multiple Tables and Relationships
Chapter 8: Advanced Relationship Techniques
Chapter 9: Understanding Calculations
Chapter 10: More Calculations and Data Types
Chapter 11: Advanced Calculations
Chapter 12: Extending Calculations
Chapter 13: Understanding Scripts
Chapter 14: Exploring Script Steps
- Ch14_Mars_Investigations_fp7.zip - The Mars Investigations database with the scripts added in Chapter 14. You'll find examples of Perform Find, simple date calculations, text manipulation, Set Selection, Find/Replace.
Chapter 15: Advanced Scripting
- Ch15_Mars_Investigations_fp7.zip - Includes the finished Create Invoice for Job script (and associated sub-scripts). This advanced script performs loops, uses variables, and deals with multiple tables. This file also include a Script Folder.
Chapter 16: Adding Security
Chapter 17: Sharing Data with Other Systems
Chapter 18: Sharing Your Database
Appendix A: Getting Help